Comprehensive Therapies and Treatments in One Location
The medical care you need for auto injuries.
It’s true: all injuries are different. This means that auto-accident injuries are different from other types of injuries. But it also means that your auto injury is different from an injury someone else has sustained as the victim of a car accident. In addition to being important to diagnosis, this fact — the uniqueness of your injury — is centrally important when it comes to getting effective treatment.
Tailored treatment for your one-of-a-kind injury.
The nature and extent of your injury are unique to you. The way that your injury affects you could also be unique, as is the way that your body may respond to treatment. That’s why, at Accident Care and Treatment Center, Inc. in Oklahoma City, we take an individual approach when we treat your accident injury. And it’s why we offer a truly complete range of treatments and therapies, which allows us to do whatever will be best, most effective and most appropriate for you.
Here are just some of the accident-injury treatment modalities Accident Care and Treatment Center’s medical doctors and other licensed medical practitioners use to resolve your injury and help you get back to living your life:
- Medication management – If medications are necessary in the short-term to facilitate your overall treatment plan, we provide those right here in our office through our own dispensary.
- Therapeutic ultrasound & phonophoresis – Ultrasound isn’t merely a diagnostic imaging tool. Very high-frequency sound waves can stimulate tissue, increasing blood flow in the treated area and speeding up the healing process. Therapeutic ultrasound can also help decrease pain by reducing swelling. Phonophoresis involves using ultrasound to enhance the delivery of medications applied topically (to the skin).
- Exercise therapies – Physical activity and specific exercise methods help build muscle, improve flexibility and range of motion, and increase stamina. Exercise therapy is an important and effective part of many treatment plans for auto injuries, facilitating a faster return to normal activity.
- Splints & braces – Fractures, strains and sprains are just some of the problems that can result from a car accident. Dedicated solely to auto-injury care, our medical professionals are highly experienced with the various techniques of splinting and bracing. Key to this is our unsurpassed familiarity with the types of forces, injuries and surprises involved in auto injuries.
- Physical Therapy – Performed by licensed physical therapists in our state-of-the-art gym, you’ll be guided through a customized program involving both exercises and hands-on therapy. Depending on your specific condition, physical therapy can effectively relieve pain, restore movement, treat injuries and improve range of motion and flexibility — all key components of accident recovery.
- Physiotherapy – Our doctors and providers will craft a therapeutic plan specific to your injury, and you’ll be guided through hands-on therapies designed for your individual needs. Physiotherapy is, like exercise therapy, a highly effective (and therefore common) treatment modality used for the majority of auto-injury cases we see.
- Traction – “Traction” is a term for the practice of straightening broken bones or relieving pressure (particularly in the spine). Traction has decreased in use over the years, but it still is beneficial for specific kinds of injuries. That’s why it remains part of our comprehensive range of treatment options and therapies.
- Myofascial release – Myofascial release (MFR) aims to relax contracted muscles, improve circulation (blood and lymphatic) and stimulate muscles’ stretch reflex. MFR is soft-tissue therapy directed at the fascia, which is the tough, elastic connective tissue that wraps muscle tissue and most other structures in the body.
- Electrical muscle stimulation – Electrical impulses can elicit muscle contraction, much like the electrical impulses sent by the brain. Our medical staff may use electrical muscle stimulation (EMS) to prevent muscle atrophy, relax muscle spasms, increase blood circulation and “re-educate” the muscles.
- Strengthening & conditioning – The goal of auto-injury treatment is to get you back to what’s important: work, life, leisure and everything else. After an injury, treatment and recovery can result in deconditioning and loss of strength. Even if no loss of strength or conditioning is present, improving in these areas can help reduce pain and facilitate a faster and more complete return to activity.
- Massage therapy – Hands-on therapeutic massage can loosen soft tissue, relax muscles and improve circulation, all of which can reduce pain and help you make a complete recovery.
To schedule an appointment or to learn more about our comprehensive treatment capabilities, call (405) 842-3209. You can also schedule an appointment at Accident Care and Treatment Center using our easy online form.