Complete, State-of-the-Art Diagnostics On-Site
We get to the source of your symptoms and injury.
Every injury is different. Some are worse than others, and many have the potential to cause future problems. That’s why it’s important that, following an auto accident, you get evaluated for injury by a licensed medical practitioner. After all, an auto accident can cause injuries that may not be felt or recognized for weeks after the accident. And whether it’s felt instantly or much later, an auto injury is a medical problem.
To find and completely understand auto-accident injuries, Accident Care and Treatment Center’s doctors and other medical practitioners provide complete diagnostic capabilities — including advanced diagnostic imaging — right here on-site. Here are the diagnostic methods and tools we combine with our experience and focused know-how to detect and get to the bottom of auto injuries… without you needing to schedule and travel to multiple locations:
- Medical history – Your accident-injury doctor will take the time that’s needed to understand what took place during your automotive accident… and to learn about your lifestyle, any symptoms or concerns, and your medical history. As with any medical issue, discussion of history is an essential first step.
- Exam – A physical examination by a licensed medical doctor is also vitally important to evaluating you for an accident injury and, of course, determining the full nature and extent of any injury (or injuries) that may be present. At Accident Care and Treatment Center, all initial exams are conducted not just by a physician but by one whose attention and focus are dedicated to accident injuries.
- X-rays – With X-ray capability, our accident-injury doctors are able to quickly get an inside look at what’s going on with your bones. X-ray images allow us to identify and characterize fractures, which are quite common in auto accident injuries. And some fractures can be complex while others can be subtle and can potentially go unaddressed without proper evaluation and imaging.
- CT – Computed tomography (CT), which used to be known as “a CAT scan,” is a computer-controlled system of X-ray images that are captured in “slices.” The digital technology stitches together these two-dimensional “slice” images into three-dimensional renderings, enabling our doctors to see detailed and high-resolution images of internal anatomical structures.
- MRI – Using magnetic fields and radiowaves, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) provides our doctors an alternative method of seeing internal anatomy in detail. In addition to not using ionizing radiation, MRI’s data can be processed in different ways to see different types of tissue. At Accident Care and Treatment Center, our in-house “open” MRI is much more patient-friendly than “canister-style” MRI equipment.
- Electron-beam CT – A variation on CT, electron-beam CT (EBCT) is able to capture its image “slices” much more rapidly, producing highly detailed diagnostic images even in areas where movement occurs. Fast motion of certain anatomical structures leads to blurry images in other imaging modalities.
- Digital ultrasound – Ultrasound uses sound waves to “see” inside the body in much the same way sonar works, with the echo of the sound waves producing images of different types of tissue. Just as with fetal ultrasound, our digital ultrasound capability lets our doctor spot a number of different injuries and problems related to injury… in real time.
- Other tests – If necessary, we may order additional diagnostic studies to reach the most accurate and complete diagnosis. These could include various laboratory blood panels or other lab tests. Basically, our auto-injury doctors will call upon whatever diagnostic modality will empower us to completely understand your injury, because that is the key to treating it effectively.
For diagnostic accuracy, trust focus and experience.
In addition to the onsite diagnostic capabilities listed above, we bring to your case a high degree of diagnostic expertise that comes from being totally focused on — and highly experienced with — auto-accident injuries. We understand these types of injuries and the kinds of forces that can be involved.
For more about Accident Care and Treatment Center’s diagnostic skill, expertise and state-of-the-art capabilities, or to schedule an appointment, call our office . You can also schedule an appointment using our easy online form.
Specialized Auto Injury Medical Care Doctors
Nobody wants to be in a car accident, but the unfortunate truth is that most of us will be involved in one sooner or later. If you’ve been involved in an accident, it’s important to make sure that you get the right kind of medical treatment so that you can get back to your life as soon as possible. By working with doctors and other medical professionals who specialize in the type of injuries that are common in car accidents, you can rest assured that you will get the diagnosis and treatment you need and deserve.
Of course, everyone knows that major or obvious car accident injuries will require initial treatment from an emergency medical service. But did you know that it’s equally important for ANYONE involved in a car accident to seek evaluation and treatment from a specialized auto injury doctor? It’s an unfortunate truth that many car accident injuries can take anywhere from a few hours to several weeks to fully manifest. And if you wait too long to seek medical treatment, you may lose the chance to have your medical costs covered by the at-fault party’s auto insurance company.
Seek Specialized Medical Care After an Auto Accident
While there are many very good Medical Care Doctors, anyone who has been in a car accident should seek specialized medical care from doctors who understand auto accident injuries. Here at Accident Care and Treatment Center, Inc., we’ve been focused on auto accident treatment for over 20 years, so we can help you get the exact care you need.
Common Auto Accident Injuries
It is very uncommon to walk away from a car accident without some kind of injury. Even if you feel fine right after the accident, you should be evaluated by an auto injury doctor. These qualified professionals can determine if you have an injury that you don’t know about. Obvious injuries like scrapes and broken bones tend to get treated immediately, but many common injuries like those listed below may take days or even weeks to fully manifest. Here are some less obvious injuries that can result from a car accident:
- Spinal Cord Damage
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Neck Strain or Whiplash
- Chest Injuries
Auto Accident Treatment
Diagnosis of Auto Accident Injuries
Because some serious injuries can take time to manifest, you’ll want to work with medical care doctors who specialize in diagnosing auto accident injuries. At Accident Care and Treatment Center, Inc., our team of medical professionals is ready and able to make sure that you know exactly what injuries you have and how they should be treated. Because our team specializes in auto accident injuries, we know exactly what to look for to make sure that any injuries you have are diagnosed so they can be properly treated in a timely manner.
Complete, State-of-the-Art Diagnostic Imaging
When you come to Accident Care and Treatment Center, Inc. you can rest assured that you’re seeing some of the best medical care doctors in. But one of the things that our patients love most about our office is that we have full diagnostic imaging capabilities on-site. This allows us to conduct any necessary imaging tests without sending you to another facility if you so choose. But don’t just take our word for it, check out this list of some of the diagnostic imaging options we have in our office:
- CT Scans
- Digital Ultrasounds
- Patient Friendly “Open” MRIs
- Electron-Beam CT Scans
- …and More!
Treatment of Car Accident Injuries
Our team of highly trained medical care doctors in are ready and willing to help you get the exact care and treatment that you need. No two injuries are the same, so there’s no reason why two treatments should be exactly the same. Because our team of medical professionals specialize in auto accident injuries, we can make sure that you receive the one-of-a-kind treatment that you deserve.
If you’re ready to receive care from some of the best medical care doctors in the region, schedule an appointment with us today. Give us a call or use our easy online form.